Terms and Conditions
Skillsify is a marketing agency in a partnership agreement with Upskill Institute (RTO 45708). All qualifications will be issued by Upskill Institute.
Access to and use of the Website, or any of its associated Products or Services, is provided by Upskill Institute Pty Ltd (RTO 45708). Please read these terms and conditions (the ‘Terms’) carefully. By using, browsing and/or reading the Website, this signifies that you have read, understood and agree to be bound by the Terms. If you do not agree with the Terms, you must cease usage of the Website, or any of Services, immediately.
Upskill Institute Pty Ltd reserves the right to review and change any of the Terms by updating this page at its sole discretion. When Upskill Institute Pty Ltd updates the Terms, it will use reasonable endeavours to provide you with notice of updates to the Terms. Any changes to the Terms take immediate effect from the date of their publication. Before you continue, we recommend you keep a copy of the Terms for your records.
Registration to use the Services
In order to access the Services, you must first register for an account through the Website (the ‘Account’).
As part of the registration process, or as part of your continued use of the Services, you may be required to provide personal information about yourself (such as identification or contact details), including:
- Email address
- Mailing address
- Telephone number
- USI number
You warrant that any information you give to Upskill Institute in the course of completing the registration process will always be accurate, correct and up to date.
Once you have completed the registration process, you will be a registered Learner of the Website (‘Learner’) and agree to be bound by the Terms.
You may not use the Services and may not accept the Terms if:
- you are not of legal age to form a binding contract with Upskill Institute; or
- you are a person barred from receiving the Services under the laws of Australia or other countries including the country in which you are resident or from which you use the Services.
Your obligations as a Learner
As a Learner, you agree to comply with the following:
- you will use the Services only for purposes that are permitted by:
- the Terms; and
- any applicable law, regulation or generally accepted practices or guidelines in the relevant jurisdictions;
- you have the sole responsibility for protecting the confidentiality of your password and/or email address. Use of your password by any other person may result in the immediate cancellation of the Services;
- any use of your registration information by any other person, or third parties, is strictly prohibited. You agree to immediately notify Upskill Institute of any unauthorised use of your password or email address or any breach of security of which you have become aware;
- access and use of the Website is limited, non-transferable and allows for the sole use of the Website by you for the purposes of Upskill Institute providing the Services;
- you will not use the Services or the Website in connection with any commercial endeavours except those that are specifically endorsed or approved by the management of Upskill Institute;
- you will not use the Services or Website for any illegal and/or unauthorised use which includes collecting email addresses of Learners by electronic or other means for the purpose of sending unsolicited email or unauthorised framing of or linking to the Website;
- you agree that commercial advertisements, affiliate links, and other forms of solicitation may be removed from the Website without notice and may result in termination of the Services. Appropriate legal action will be taken by Upskill Institute for any illegal or unauthorised use of the Website; and
- you acknowledge and agree that any automated use of the Website or its Services is prohibited.
Where the option is given to you, you may make payment for the Services (the ‘Services Fee ‘) by way of:
- Cash (‘Cash’)
- Credit Card (‘Credit Card’)
All payments made in the course of your use of the Services are made using Stripe. In using the Website, the Services or when making any payment in relation to your use of the Services, you warrant that you have read, understood and agree to be bound by the Stripe terms and conditions which are available on their website.
You acknowledge and agree that where a request for the payment of the Services Fee is returned or denied, for whatever reason, by your financial institution or is unpaid by you for any other reason, then you are liable for any costs, including banking fees and charges, associated with the Services Fee.
You agree and acknowledge that Upskill Institute can vary the Services Fee at any time.
Upskill Institute takes the privacy of learners very seriously and complies with all legislative requirements. These include the Privacy Act 1988 and Australian Privacy Principles (effective from 12th March 2014).
Upskill Institute will retain personal information about you relating to your enrolment with us. This includes your personal details, your ethnicity and individual needs, your education background. We will also retain records of you training activity and are required to do this in accordance with the National Vocational Education and Training Regulator Act 2011.
Your personal information is retained within our hard copy filling system and our computer systems. Your information is collected via the enrolment form and through your completion of administrative related forms and based on your training outcomes. Hard copy files are secured in lockable filing cabinets which are monitored throughout the day and secured in the evening. Electronic data retained on our computer systems is protected via virus protection software and firewall protection. Our data is backed up continuously to our server which is secure.
Upskill Institute is required by the National Vocational Education and Training Regulator Act 2011 to securely retain your personal details for a period of 30 years from the date your enrolment has completed. The purpose of this is to enable your participation in accredited training to be recorded for future reference and to allow you to obtain a record of your outcome if required.
In some cases, we are required by law to make learner information available to Government agencies such as the National Centre for Vocational Education and Research or the Australian Skills Quality Authority. In all other cases Upskill Institute will seek the written permission of the learner for such disclosure. Upskill Institute will not disclose your information to any person or organisation unless we have written instructions from you to do so. If you require your records to be accessed by persons such as your parents, you need to authorise this access otherwise this access will be denied.
You have the right to access information that Upskill Institute is retaining that relates to you. Further instructions are provided on how to access records within the section titled “Access to your records”.
If you have concerns about how Upskill Institute is managing your personal information, we encourage you to inform our staff and discuss your concerns. You are also encouraged to make a complaint directly to us using our internal complaint handling arrangements outlined in this handbook. Under the Privacy Act 1988 (Privacy Act) you also have the right to make a complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC) about the handling of your personal information. You can find more information about making a privacy complaint at the website of the OAIC located at: http://www.oaic.gov.au/privacy/privacy-complaints.
Collection of Personal Information
In general, personal information will be collected through course application and/or enrolment forms, training records, assessment records and online forms and submissions. The types of personal information collected include:
- personal details
- contact details
- employment information where relevant
- academic history
- statistical information about your prior education, schooling, reasons for enrolling,
- training, participation and assessment information
- fee and payment information
Security of Personal Information
Upskill Institute will take reasonable steps to protect and secure your Personal Information to ensure you it is protected from misuse, loss, theft, and unauthorised modification, access or disclosure other than in accordance with these terms.
Upskill Institute takes reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify any Personal Information where:
- Upskill Institute no longer needs the Personal Information for any purpose for which the personal Information may be used or disclosed by Upskill Institute; and
- Upskill Institute is not required by or under an Australian law, regulation or a court/tribunal order, to retain the Personal Information.
Disclosure of Personal information
As part of your enrolment, you will be asked to declare your acceptance of the terms of the service contract and the refund conditions and confirm that you have been fully advised of the fees, refund conditions and conditions of enrolment and agree to be a student at Upskill Institute.
You agree that it is your responsibility to retain a copy of this written agreement as supplied by Upskill Institute and receipts of any payments of tuition fees or non-tuition fees.
You agree that under the Data Provision Requirements 2012, Upskill Institute is required to collect personal information about you and to disclose that personal information to the National Centre for Vocational Education Research Ltd (NCVER).
Your personal information (including the personal information contained on the enrolment form and your training activity data) may be used or disclosed by Upskill Institute for statistical, regulatory and research purposes. Upskill Institute may disclose your personal information for these purposes to third parties, including:
- School – if you are a secondary student undertaking VET, including a school-based apprenticeship or traineeship;
- Employer – if you are enrolled in training paid by your employer;
- Commonwealth and State or Territory government departments and authorised agencies;
- Organisations conducting student surveys; and
Personal information disclosed to NCVER may be used or disclosed for the following purposes:
- issuing a VET Statement of Attainment or VET Qualification, and populating Authenticated VET Transcripts;
- facilitating statistics and research relating to education, including surveys;
- understanding how the VET market operates, for policy, workforce planning and consumer information; and
- administering VET, including program administration, regulation, monitoring and evaluation.
You may also receive an NCVER student survey which may be administered by an NCVER employee, agent or third-party contractor. You may opt out of the survey at the time of being contacted.
NCVER will collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), the VET Data Policy and all NCVER policies and protocols (including those published on NCVER’s website at www.ncver.edu.au).
Learners who give notice to cancel their enrolment seven (7) days or more prior to the commencement of a program, will be entitled to a refund of fees paid less bank transaction and administration fees (10% of course cost).
Learners who give notice to cancel their enrolment less than seven (7) days but not within 48 hours of course commencement will be entitled to a 50% refund of fees paid. The amount retained by Upskill Institute is required to cover the costs of staff and resources which will have already been committed based on the learners’ initial intention to undertake the training.
Learners who cancel their enrolment within 48 hours of course commencement or less will not be entitled to a refund of fees.
Learners who have previously requested a course to be rescheduled and wish to cancel the same course at a later stage, will not be entitled to refund of fees.
Where a learner has purchased a text or training workbooks and subsequently cancels, Upskill Institute will not refund monies for the text.
If Upskill Institute cancel a course at any time, participants will be offered the option to reschedule to an alternative class (at no extra cost) or receive a full refund of the course fees. No additional monies will be reimbursed to the participant for any other expenses incurred, or inconvenience caused.
If a refund is approved, funds will be made by the same means with which the original payment was made (i.e. EFTPOS payment would result in an EFTPOS refund) and will be made to the same person that made payment. If a third party paid the course fee, the third party will be refunded the course fee.
Certificates cannot be issued until all AVETMISS and USI information has been confirmed (where required) and all course paperwork requirements have been completed.
All requests for a refund must be emailed to email@example.com.
Learners who cancel their enrolment part way through a training program must notify Upskill Institute in writing via email or letter at the earliest opportunity. Learners who cancel their enrolment after a training program has commenced will not be entitled to a refund of fees. Learners are advised to consider alternative options such as requesting to suspend their enrolment and re-commencing in another scheduled training program.
Learners who require replacement of issued text or training workbooks will be liable for additional charges to cover the cost of replacement. For a full list of replacement charges please refer to Upskill Institute schedule of fees and charges.
All requests for a refund must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Requests for transfers to alternate courses can be arranged if Upskill Institute is advised in writing more than 48 hours prior to the course commencement date and subject to availability. One transfer will be accepted without charge where Upskill Institute has been notified in writing at least 48 hours prior to the scheduled commencement date. All subsequent transfers will attract an administration charge of $55.00 if notice is provided.
No rescheduling of a course is available within 48 hours of commencement.
Acceptance of the Terms
You accept the Terms by remaining on the Website. You may also accept the Terms by clicking to accept or agree to the Terms where this option is made available to you by Upskill Institute in the user interface.
By completing an enrolment, you certify that the information provided is true and correct. You further certify that you have:
- reviewed the terms and conditions provided to me as part of my enrolment.
- reviewed the Learner Handbook published on the website and accept my rights and obligations.
- reviewed and accept the Schedule of Fees and Payments and have been informed of the refund policy.
- reviewed the Course Brochure and have been informed of and accept the training and assessment services to be provided and the units of competency to be completed.
- accepted during training, photos or footage may be taken of me. You give permission for Upskill Institute to use these photos or footage for such things as improving training resources, advertising and reports.
- Students who are in Australia on a student visa (subclass 500) need to enrol with a CRICOS registered RTO. Upskill Institute is not CRICOS registered. In agreeing with these terms and conditions you are acknowledging that you are not on a student visa.